One of the country’s most touristy stretches in the south of Portugal is the Algarve. Although it is trendy for its 200 kilometers of beaches, it is much more than a destination for sun and salt air—charming villages and cities like Lagos or Faro, national parks a great area that impresses all who visit it. Do not wait any longer and remote work from Algarve.
Post also available in Spanish
- Albufeira. It is one of the most visited cities in the Algarve. Before jumping to the nearby beaches of Albufeira (such as Praia dos Alemães, Praia de Aveiros, Praia da Oura, Praia da Baleeira, or the nearby sandy Praia do Salgados). Spend a few hours in the beautiful old town. If you feel like partying, this is also the place to be. It’s full of bars and discos.
- Praia da Marinha. Following the route to the west, about 10km from Albufeira, you will reach this beautiful beach guarded by high cliffs and massive rock formations. Besides lying in the sun and bathing in its clean waters. Take a walk along the shore and see the natural arches created by the erosion of the sea on the rock.
- Ria Formosa Natural Park. If you are a nature lover, one of the destinations on your list of places to visit in the Algarve should be the Parque Natural da Ria Formosa. This collection of canals, marshes, islands, and sandbanks stretches 60 kilometers of the Algarve coastline. More or less from Faro to almost the border with Spain. Thanks to its biodiversity and breathtaking landscapes. Among these are fabulous and very long beaches of fine sand. He was elected one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal.
- Monchique mountain range. I add this option here in case you like to go hiking trails. To get to the area of Serra de Monchique, you will have to go far away from the coast, 50km from Lagos. Once there, leave the car parked, and you can take the route to the top of the peak of Fóia to contemplate the view.
What to do?
- Surfing on any of its incredible beaches. If your dream is to spend a few days taming the wild waves of the Atlantic, then you must go to the west of the Algarve. Some perfect beaches for surfing are: Tonel, Beliche, or Praia do Cordama.
- Lose yourself in the narrow streets of Ferragudo, among its little houses and cobbled streets, from the tower of Atalaia to the beach where the castle of Sao Joao do Arabe is located. This fortification is the icon of Praia Grande, a small beach on the Arade river.
- Taste its gastronomy. The most typical dish of the area is the cataplana, a kind of seafood or fish stew—also the rice with tamborim. All seafood and fish are the star dishes of the Algarve.
Nearby to explore
Visiting some inland villages if you remote work from Algarve is a must; although they are less known, we recommend you to go a little inland and see Loulé, Alte, and Sao Brás de Alportel.
UbiWork in Algarve
Villa for Families and Team Retreats in Algarve, Portugal. Our Koi Villa exudes tranquility, joy, and slow life for team retreats and family stays. The villa is located in the Algarve, about 25 minutes from Faro. Relax in a haven of tranquility; this luxurious retreat villa is situated on the hillside of the beautiful São Brás de Alportel. This villa is especially suitable for team and family retreats. With the hills and ocean views in the distance, you will experience the best of the Algarve.
This spacious villa has thoughtful decor and bright rooms. The house has three bedrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. Remote workers can use a covered terrace and a large swimming pool.
Are you a Remote/WFH worker?
Become an Ubiworker!
Join our community to keep up to date! You will receive special access to downloadable content, early bird discounts and behind the scenes remote community creation.
Do you have accommodation in Benidorm and would like to rent it for telecommuters?
Become an UbiWork Host!